Skip to content
Top 10 Best Medical Colleges In USA
- Harvard University, Boston Harvard University is an American private Ivy League research university located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States, established in 1636 by the Massachusetts legislature. Harvard is the oldest institution of higher learning in the United States the best medical school in the country, according to the rankings. There are currently 709 students enrolled in the MD program. U.S. News & World Report ranked the school first overall and also first for research. The tuition is $47,500.
- John Hopkins University, Baltimore The university was founded on January 22, 1876 and named for its benefactor, the philanthropist Johns Hopkins. There are 455 students enrolled in its MD program. The tuition is $42,600.
- University of Pennsylvania, The University of Pennsylvania (commonly referred to as Penn or UPenn) is an American private Ivy League research university located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. Penn considers itself the fourth-oldest institution of higher education in the United States, founded in 1765. There are 636 students in its MD program. In addition to MD, PhD and post-doctoral degrees, the university also offers certificates in areas such as Global Health, Women’s Health and Aging. The tuition is $45,498.
- Stanford University, The Leland Stanford Junior University, commonly referred to as Stanford University or Stanford, is an American private research university located in Stanford having first started medical classes in 1909. There are 449 students enrolled in its MD program. The tuition is $45,744.
- University of California — San Francisco, The University of California (UC) is a public university system in the U.S. state of California.There are currently three Nobel laureates on the school’s faculty. There are 634 students enrolled. The tuition is $29,856 for Californians and $42,101 for all students from outside the state.
- Washington University, St. Louis Washington University in St. Louis is a private research university located in suburban St. Louis, Missouri, United States. Founded in 1853, and named for George Washington the Washington University School of Medicine is ranked in the Top 10 by U.S. News & World Report in research, drug and alcohol abuse treatment, internal medicine and pediatrics. There are 490 students enrolled, with a tuition of $50,510.
- Yale University, New Haven, Yale University is an American private Ivy League research university located in New Haven, Connecticut. Founded in 1701 in the Colony of Connecticut. It currently has 25 National Academy of Sciences members on its faculty. U.S. News & World Report ranked the school first for its drug and alcohol abuse program. There are 401 students enrolled. The tuition is $47,560.
- Columbia University, New York City Columbia University in the City of New York, commonly referred to as Columbia University, is an American private Ivy League research university located in New York City, New York, United States. The College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University, located in the Washington Heights neighborhood of Manhattan, was the first medical school in the United States to award the MD degree. U.S. News & World Report ranked Columbia second for its drug and alcohol abuse program and fifth for both its AIDS research and women’s health program. There are 663 students. The tuition is $47,600.
- Duke University, Durham, NC. Duke University is a private research university located in Durham, North Carolina, United States. Founded by Methodists and Quakers in the present day town of Trinity in 1838, the school moved to Durham in 1892. the School of Medicine at Duke University offers a three-year, condensed period of student classes and fourth year for elective rotations and the chance for a dual master’s degree. It is also affiliated with the Duke Clinical Research Institute, the oldest and largest academic organization of its kind in America. There are 413 medical students enrolled at the school. The tuition is $46,261.
- University of Chicago, Chicago, The University of Chicago is a private research university in Chicago, Illinois, United States. Students must complete a mentored project in one of five areas before graduation – scientific discovery, medical education, quality and safety, community health and global health. There are 377 students enrolled. The tuition is $42,294.